Being away at school is something that takes a lot of getting used to. Home is where family, friends, and your life is left behind in order to start a new chapter in your life. I have made this page to show everyone how great it is at my home and how much I miss it. Long Island is where I live and it is a great place where everyone should venture off and visit. To me,and to many other college students, Home is where my heart is and where it will always be.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Friends turned into Family


To me, friends are a huge part of a person's life. Friends are there for you when you are down. Friends are there for you when you need a shoulder to cry on. Friends are there for you when you need to talk. This list goes on and on. When moving to Long Island from Brooklyn, the only thing that scared me was not having friends. My mom said that I would make friends easily and for me not to worry. Well, she was absolutely right because the friends I have today are the greatest ones I could ever ask for. Like everyone, I have lost some but then again, the ones I have gained fill the spot. My friends back at home are just amazing and they are one of the reasons I hate leaving home. I know that I have made great friends at school, but none can compare to the friendships and bonds I left at home. "I left my heart back on Long Island" I say this because back at home is where one of god's greatest gift resides, all my guys & all my girls; the true ones.

No comments: