Being away at school is something that takes a lot of getting used to. Home is where family, friends, and your life is left behind in order to start a new chapter in your life. I have made this page to show everyone how great it is at my home and how much I miss it. Long Island is where I live and it is a great place where everyone should venture off and visit. To me,and to many other college students, Home is where my heart is and where it will always be.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Departures are the worst.
When i say departures are the worst, i mean it. Don't get me wrong, I love going away to school and experiencing new things and meeting new people. I love being independent and living on my own with my roommate. I love throwing parties and having a good time, however, there is just something about not being home that really changes my ways. When I leave to go home for a break or a weekend, I am the happiest girl ever because my parents and I are extremely close. I love being home with my friends because they are the greatest friends someone could ask for. But...when it's time to get back to school, I can't stop the tears from rolling down my face. As much as I say I won't cry again, it just doesn't work. My mom is always there when I am departing, so I try my best to be strong as I say bye to her, but little does she know that as soon as I turn the corner, I have to stop the car. I turn the corner, and I have to stop the car on the side of the road because I can't even see the road or think straight; tears run down my face. 15-20 minutes go by and I am okay again. I love going home and being home and everything about home...but all I know is that as happy as I am to be back in LI, the more terrible the departure will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You never seize to amaze me. Since the time that you were a little girl you always knew what you wanted. Making my job as a parent that much easier. We always encouraged you to experience things you showed an interest in. To name a few dancing,acting,karate,performing arts,gymnastic,cheerleading and now studying away from home......
Yes your departures are the worst... We love it when you come home to visit. You are so funny and witty we can't seem to stip laughing and the great thing is that the same things happens when you are with your friends. We can see and hear the laughter when you are among them. Its like grandma saids when you come home HAPPINESS HAS ARRIVED!
We miss you when you are away but I take comfort in the fact that this is all just temporary. You are taking steps towards your future. You'll come home back to us again. Remember to AIM FOR THE STARS AND LET NOTHING & NO ONE STAND IN YOUR WAY. I LOVE YOU BABE
Post a Comment