Being away at school is something that takes a lot of getting used to. Home is where family, friends, and your life is left behind in order to start a new chapter in your life. I have made this page to show everyone how great it is at my home and how much I miss it. Long Island is where I live and it is a great place where everyone should venture off and visit. To me,and to many other college students, Home is where my heart is and where it will always be.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
girl's best friend<3
My Lindy, Lindy is my dog and was my first friend when moving to Long Island and remains my best friend till this day...12 years later. I used to live in Brooklyn and we didn't have a back yard so we couldn't really have dogs. My parents, however, promised me that they would get me and my brother a dog as soon as we moved and they kept their promise. We moved to Long Island in June and Lindy was born June 20th. Her mom had 5 puppies but was only supposed to have 2, so we actually got to have Lindy when she was 2 weeks old because her mom wouldn't have been able to feed her. She was so small she fit into the palm of my hand and we had to feed her with an eye dropper. She was the cutest little thing in the world and we were instantly attatched. My dog went from a puppy to becoming almost human. I would dress her up and put her in a stroller and stroll her up and down the street. She loved it. She loved all the attention I gave her and still does. Til this day I still carry her around everywhere, prop her up like a human to watch TV, and just spend as much time with her as possible. About 5 years ago, on 4th of July, Lindy ran away and it was the scariest night of my life. My best friend wasn't in bed with me for the first time in years so that night, I didnt even go to bed. My family and I put up signs everywhere and eventually we got a call to come get her at the shelter. Turns out, she spent the night at someones house and then ran away from them too. It was the greatest feeling to pick her up from the shelter because I had my best friend back. My being away from her now that I am at school is really hard too. Sometimes I will beg my mom to put the phone to her ear and let me talk to her. As much as I don't want to admitt it, she is getting older and I really am clueless as to what I am going to do without her in my life. I can't picture coming home to a house that doesn't have her in it. I can't picture her not licking my face all over and rolling on her back for me to rub her stomach. I try not to imagine or think of those things; in my heart she will go on living forever. I love my dog so much and I am going to enjoy all the years to come <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My name is Jewel and I can't stand Lindy. She's always everyone's favorite. She gets the best treats and the most affection. People just want to kick me down the steps. This is why I can't wait for anyone to come over so I can nip at them. I'm sure if I got lost like Lindy once did no one would even notice. I hate that bitch.
Post a Comment