
Being away at school is something that takes a lot of getting used to. Home is where family, friends, and your life is left behind in order to start a new chapter in your life. I have made this page to show everyone how great it is at my home and how much I miss it. Long Island is where I live and it is a great place where everyone should venture off and visit. To me,and to many other college students, Home is where my heart is and where it will always be.
Friday, April 4, 2008
driving around with dad <3

Driving around with my dad, whether it be to the grocery store or just to the local store to get a few items, it's always a great time. It seems lame to say that i miss home because of a "car ride," but when its with my dad; its no ordinary car ride. My dad is like a kid and even looks like one! He plays basketball 4 times a week and it really keepss him young. Back to the car rides-->whenever i go anywhere with him, its an awesome time. He swirves and drives fast and goes out of control at times, but its all to goof around and make me smile.(i take after him in the driving section) Music is the ultimate connection when on these rides with my dad because my dad has always been the one to allow me to expand my choice in tunes. He is so well rounded in his taste that it has made me just like him. "Harry Chapin's Mr.Tanner, Taxi, and Cats in the Cradle" are the three greatest songs in which my dad introduced me to. They are all songs in which tell stories and have extremely significant morals to them and each and every time i hear them, i wish i was home. So, when I am driving around the twisty roads of Rhode Island, speeeeding and blasting the music...it isn't because i am in a rush to get somewhere, it's because I am waiting for one of those songs to come up on the radio so that I can re-call all the times in the car with my dad and wish that i were home to share a sing-along with him.<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey kid, I miss those car moments too! Of course now the roles are reversed - you are the driver and I'm the frightened passenger :)
P.S. You forgot to mention summertime fun with the top down!
Post a Comment