Being away at school is something that takes a lot of getting used to. Home is where family, friends, and your life is left behind in order to start a new chapter in your life. I have made this page to show everyone how great it is at my home and how much I miss it. Long Island is where I live and it is a great place where everyone should venture off and visit. To me,and to many other college students, Home is where my heart is and where it will always be.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Everything in RI is so far.

I miss home because everything you ever need is less than 20 mins away. My high school and elementary school were 2 blocks away and my middle school was 5 minutes away. No exaggeration in this post, everything I needed to do or anywhere i needed to go was within 20 minutes. Closest mall is about 7 minutes away, the beach by car is 13 minutes, 7-11 is 5minutes walking. Here in RI...you can't go to a decent mall without it being 45 minutes away! " My roommate is from RI and when she says that something is "down the street" or "really close" almost everytime, i sweaarrr, that means that its 20-30 minutes away. It's nuts! Stores, grocery stores, gas stations, starbucks, malls, schools, beaches and everything else is so close back at home and that just makes my life easier! Friends that lived the farthest from me lived, at most, 8 minutes away.

No comments: